It’s that time of the year. Homes are decorated and trees are twinkling through frosted windows, which can only mean one thing: it is officially time to loosen the belts and widen the waistlines of friends, family and coworkers in the name of holiday cheer. Yes ladies and gentlemen…it is time for Christmas cookies! These festive little delicacies are the sweetest, and most financially friendly, way to spread some holiday merriment.
Nothing Leftover has a unique recipe that will make your dessert contribution stand apart from all the other holiday treats. We’re really getting in the mood for holiday baking at Buy Happier this season; piping in the Christmas jingles to our kitchen, “cheering up” our eggnog and of course, decking the halls with holiday merriment.
How does “White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies” sound? Terrific?! Yeah, they really are. Whether you are making them for a fat man squeezing his way down your chimney, or as a token of your immense appreciation to people that provide you with great service all year round, these are destined to make everyone remember you as a true holiday gourmet.
Featured in this recipe is the Calphalon cookie sheet. You can see how this Calphalon Bakeware helps deliver perfect cookies through its sophisticated design and durable construction. There is no need to worry about cutting cookies or heaping on fancy frostings to spruce up a mediocre batter. These cookies pack big flavor all on their own (and are easily packaged without any mess).
We’ve captured all the necessary steps to prepare Chef Gary Walker’s special recipe. We feel compelled to warn you in advance that it is difficult to have just one once they are out of the oven. Our production crew may not exactly have exemplified the holiday spirit as they scrambled for hot cookies and waged thumb wars to claim each new batch behind the scenes.
Chef Gary’s “White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies” are simple to make and difficult to part with. You can be sure that everyone you generously present these holiday cookies with will be grateful, and should be grateful there were any left to give! You will also, most likely, see recipients working out next to you at the gym once the season is over. Oh, but who can resist with a Christmas cookie like this?
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware 4 Pc Large Cookie Sheet & Cooling Rack Set, 2 mixing bowls, whisk, hand mixer/stand mixer (optional)
• 3 eggs
• 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup butter (softened)
• 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
• 1 cup dark brown sugar
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 cups oats (not quick cook oats/steel cut oats)
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a small mixing bowl beat eggs until well incorporated, then add the cranberries and vanilla. Stir to combine and let sit for one hour.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the white sugar with the dark sugar and cream sugars with the butter. Add salt, flour, baking soda and cinnamon to the bowl and mix well.
3. Add the cranberry, eggs, and vanilla mixture to the large mixing bowl of ingredients and stir to combine. Mix in the oatmeal and white chocolate chips; be sure to avoid over mixing. Let final dough mixture chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350° and drop dough rounds (about two tablespoons each) onto cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
I guarantee satisfaction and surprise with every bundle of gift wrapped cookies this season. Not only is the recipe unexpected, its flavors are whimsical and warm; sure to delight your taste buds and theirs! Happy holidays from Nothing Leftover and BuyHappier.com. Bon appétit!